I decided that I would put together a Running top 10 list. For me running has changed my life.... But Why?
1. I have time to clear my mind, get rid of the bad that is going on that day, and focus on the good around me.
|Lets Face it.... So True!|
3. It does not matter how many miles I do in a day. Just getting out there and running is all that matters.
4. Runners High!
5. My time for prayer and reflection. I can look at the beautiful scenery around me and see all that God has given to us, and thank him for it.
6. Burning extra Calories. I am on my weight loss journey, and getting out and running helps me to burn calories, and slim down.
7. The Challenge. I challenge myself every time I am out there. Some times the challenge is simply to run, others it is to complete a distance or a pace. It is a great feeling to know that I made a challenge then completed it.
8. Meeting the most wonderful people. Through running I have made some of the best friendships. They are strong and supportive. I love the fact that runners are good people who want to see everyone succeed. They do not look at you and think you are slow because you run a 11 min/mile pace, they think great job getting out there and hitting the pavement
9. Races. I love races. The excitement, the preparation, the people, just everything about the different races.
10. Last but not Least the sense of accomplishment that I get every time I am done. I did it. I got out, did my run, did the best that I could do that day. I am ready to take on the rest of my day.
Why do you run?
Suck It Up Cupcake and Move It!